GIS – Geographic Information System is a collective visual representation of data, people, and the location in terms of their relationship with the man-made and natural inhabitat. In other words, GIS Mapping is a type of mapping technology that helps interpret the geographically referenced data through a computerised analysis and display method.
GIS mapping in simple terms, can be defined as the collective data representation unique to a location with many layers that can be easily toggled and utilised according to the User’s convenience. A software that helps with the GIS Mapping is called a geo mapping software.
In GIS mapping, any information that can be taken in reference to a specific location or a coordinate of latitudes and longitudes can be mapped. The GIS mapping system displays information in colour coded categories for better understanding of the user. Generally, GIS mapping is done for business, topographical and other strategic decision-making processes.
Few of the common parameters evaluated through GIS mapping system are:
- Concentration of crops in a particular area
- Thermal distribution of a region
- Population density of a particular area along with their references
- Area percentage of living space, commercial space, public space and private parks.
- Contour of road and the other transportational infrastructure.
Benefits of GIS Mapping:
- GIS Mapping is used in businesses to assess the customer base, their preferences, and other data tied geographically to a certain area for better strategic decision making.
- GIS Mapping offers access to real-time data that will help identify abnormalities in the underground terrain. It enables a better understanding of the conditions while performing an underground utility mapping by providing clear information. GIS Mapping helps manage several projects simultaneously and provides accurate information for taking an informed decision.
- In terms of utilising the system and sharing data, a Geo mapping software enables seamless sharing of real-time data and surveys among the field workers if they have the adequate sharing and receiving the information.
- GIS mapping helps to expedite the process by providing the necessary information with accuracy thus helping in reducing the overall cost.
- As the GIS mapping offers access to real-time data and findings tied to a geographical location, it helps in providing an outline of the visual for effective conceptualising, data sets, and decision making in different departments of government like the Public works department, civil department, and other mining and land survey departments.
- Gis mapping eases the access to utilities during road survey to detect or replace any element that is under repair for avoiding major damages in the underground or over-ground sewer system and other transport related infrastructures.
- As the GIS mapping provides the essential information on the available occupied lands, industrial, and agricultural lands, it helps in effective decision making while spatial and urban planning for the permitted parks, side walks, and other pedestal infrastructure.
How does GIS mapping work:
GIS mapping works on collecting the data based on the relationship between the two points tied geospatially. The GIS mapping provides colour coded maps for different criterias as layers so that the geographers, land surveyors and mining engineers can be able to toggle between the layers to find elements of the maps like the existent landscape, underground electrical lines, underground pipe system or the water level by defining the contour of the place. The data layers of GIS mapping are presented in patterns, shapes , and colour combinations that will help the surveyors to read the map while plotting. A land surveyor or any civil engineering surveyor would require a topographical mapping of the land, area, or the mine they want to survey. GIS survey for road, irrigational lands, mines, and other civil infrastructure is through topographic GIS Mapping.
Topographic GIS mapping is a sub-division under the GIS mapping services that helps in recording the contour, water-level, and other features of the area within said coordinates. However, with AutoPlotter GIS+, the engineers can create maps in reference to the Google Earth, Bing, or Open Streets maps as background for better understanding. Georeferencing images is the process of geotagging a 2D image with global coordinates. Ortho images created from images taken from a drone are georeferenced while mapping the location.
Infycons, One of the leading companies with over 25 years of experience in providing targeted products and services for civil engineers has the best GIS mapping software with facilities of georeferencing along with topographical mapping.
- Infycon’s AutoPlotter GIS+ has special characteristics like parcel or block creation along with the GIS mapping services .
- The software supports creating maps and databases with the help of importing backgrounds from google earth, bing, or open street maps for better referencing.
- Infycons provides polygon based extraction and base map support.
- The software provides the user to work and toggle between drawing and GIS layers.
- The filter for various data can be customised according to the required and available data.
- The software supports import of ortho images like images taken from the drone, or satellite images.
- It helps create queries and allows to conduct a query based search.
- Infycon’s AutoPlotter GIS+ enables georeferencing images for better identification of the contour and site.
- The software provides elevation extraction feature from global DEMs such as ASTER, SRTM for a defined region.
To know more about our AutoPlotter GIS+ mapping software, book a demo from our website. https://infycons.com/autoplotter-gis/